Monday, October 18, 2010

Pumpkins and pumpkins


We recently visited a pumpkin patch with my best friend, Dawn, and her family. The kids loved every minute of it. It was also the first time I had seen Anne swing on her own. She was so proud of herself! She looked adorable with her little pig-tails and her little purple, plaid, and denim dress. Charlie was only 4 1/2 months old, so not much to talk about, but he sure does smile a lot. It's one of those joys that can melt a mother's heart when both children are happy and smiling. Makes me think we're doing something right. These are my pumpkins...

I think they are the most precious things on earth. I wish every parent felt this way about their kids. No more child abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse. There was a woman who recently locked her autistic son in the attic in the 90 degree summer heat in Kansas City. She is being charged with attempted murder. It's people like her who make me wish we still had stoning! Or maybe we can just throw big pumpkins at her! That would make for a good pumpkin patch...Full circle - did you see it coming? I didn't. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment